Fisherman Bay Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Fisherman Bay (5522) is a suburb of Far North, Far North, South Australia. It is about 164 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Fisherman Bay is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Fisherman Bay was 130 and is comprised of approximately 42.3% females and 57.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Fisherman Bay is 60 years of age.

86.0% of people living in the suburb of Fisherman Bay were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 7.0% England.

90.7% of people living in Fisherman Bay speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 9.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Fisherman Bay is 25.6% No religion, 17.8% Anglican, 17.1% Uniting Church, 14.0% Catholic, 13.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.0% Baptist, 3.1% Christian, nfd, 2.3% Lutheran.

45.2% of people are married, 23.4% have never married and 16.9% are divorced and 2.4% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Fisherman Bay.

54.3% of the people living in Fisherman Bay over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 20.0% are working on a part time basis. Fisherman Bay has an unemployment rate of 17.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Fisherman Bay are 31.0% Community & personal service workers, 27.6% Technicians & trades workers, 24.1% Labourers, 17.2% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Fisherman Bay work in are 30.0% Accommodation and food services, 20.0% Construction, 10.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.0% Manufacturing, 10.0% Education and training, 10.0% Health care and social assistance, 10.0% Transport, postal and warehousing.

64.3% of homes are fully owned, and 4.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 22.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $298 per week and the median household income is $407 per week.

The median rent in Fisherman Bay is $170 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $780 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Fisherman Bay postcode 5522

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Salisbury North 5108 -> Adelaide -> South Australia